Default Repository Structure
When a project is created, there is a default repository structure created for use in the DataStage designer client.
However, some additional organization will be required for most DataStage projects. Usually, this organization occurs in in these areas:
- Addition of structure within the “Jobs” folder
- Addition of a “Parameter Sets” folder
- Addition of structure within the “Table Definitions” folder
- Addition of a “Developer Work Area” folder
Repository Structure within the “Jobs” folder
Below is a sample of a folder structure for multiple applications that share a common Repository. Pattern includes, but does not illustrate all other delivered folders. In addition to the core folder structure, developers can create individual working, test, and in progress folders, which do not migrate, but keep work segregated.
Parameter Sets Folders
The parameter set folders or for two sets of information.
- First, are the database parameters, which include data connections and the attached parameter sets.
- The second, for job parameters, which may include parameter sets, for things like e-mail parameters, surrogate key file paths, etc.; which is a best practice, rather creating them as project level parameters.
The Tables Definition folder have folders added to segregate the imported meta data for source and target system and, in some case, may need folders to logically organize imported meta which may reside within the same database and/or schema, but belong to different logical layer.