This a known error for windows systems and applies to DataStage and DataQuality jobs using the any or all the three join type stages (Join, Merge, and Lookup).
- <<Link name>>,0: APT_IOPort::readBlkVirt: read for block header, partition 0, [fd 4], returned -1 with errno 10,054 (Unknown error)
- Windows systems only
- Parallel Engine Jobs the three join type stages (Join, Merge, and Lookup). It does not apply to Server Engine jobs.
- Infosphere Information Server (IIS), Datastage and DataQuality 9.1 and higher
- Add the APT_NO_IOCOMM_OPTIMIZATION in project administrator and set to blank or 0. I left it blank so it would not impact other jobs
- Add the environment variable to the job producing the error and set to 1
What it APT_NO_IOCOMM_OPTIMIZATION Does
- Sets the use of shared memory as the transport type, rather than using the default sockets transport type.
- Note that in most cases sockets transport type is faster, so, you likely will not to set this across the project as the default for all job. It is best to apply it as necessary for problematic jobs.
InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage, Version 9.1 Job Compatibility
IBM Support, JR54078: PARALLEL JOBS ON WINDOWS FAIL WITH APT_IOPORT::READBLKVIRT; ERROR
IBM Support, Information Server DataStage job fails with unknown error 10,054.